Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the barge 12:30 - 9:00p. Blues running right till dusk. My son and I nailed 24 blues(threw back all but 8), 2 small croaker used for bait and 1 take home.

No sign of weaks (grey trout), no puppy drum, no nothing else. The bite died off at dusk. Bite was strongest for 2 hours or so on either side of the high tide.

Fish were caught on a variety of blood worms, squid and cut bait. Others in the vicinity had the same experience though on fellow did catch a small throw back flounder.

.....Kurt

R

·
0 Posts
well sounds like ya had some tight lines topsnipe caught all of on tha bottm. did ya try any artificial RC

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where exactly do most people fish at Rudee? I usually fish it once or twice in Sept. when I'm down for the Hazardous Materials Conference. I just find a place there along the street if I can and often catch a few yellow belly spot. Is that where you guys fish? Is it better (or at least as good) fishing the channel out by the jetty?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rc,
I was ready to try some artificials but the success with bait made me lazy. The blues were plenty of fun as it was on light tackle (10# test, 6' med rod). Some hits were on straight bottom rigs, others were caught using a bucktail teaser with bait dragged/jigged back after the cast.

It was getting late and this old man was getting a little pooped out when the bite went away, so better to pack it up than try getting the frustration level up playing with lures before heading home. All in all a great time for my boy and me.

.....Kurt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts