Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm trying to catch some spot, caught a bunch of little sea bass, grunts and pig fish, no spot. I didn't see anybody else catch any either. I did see a big flounder chasing silversides around the rocks by the bridge, wasted four bucktails trying to get him.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Croatan parking

A couple of year's back, my buddy and I fished only the Croatan side of the Inlet. Access there was questionable, but we never had a run in but with the surfers. There are no parking signs all over down there, but there are a few places to legally park just away from the beach. Look for the signs, and when they end; you can park. It's a little walk, so pack light or be very mobile. Often there are a few cars around to make these areas more obvious. I loved to fish that side because of the deep hole just the other side of the beach over the wooden rip-rap. the current would fall over the wall, dig a nice trough, then taper to 15+ feet of water. Sweet! We managed a lot of Flounder and Drum here, although not real big one's. It's a great early and late season spot. Also, caught some real pretty trout down there. I imagine the Striper's would be an easy target from there as well.
Good Luck

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Croatan Parking

Croatan Parking - That's an oxymoron.

Forget about night fishing or early morning fishing. The street parking is from 0930 until 1800 or something like that. The parking lot at Pendleton is open from 0700 until 1730.
And don't forget to write your VB council member a thank you note for that one.

And that hole next to the jetty that Zigh mentioned is still there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts