Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Night time, outgoing tide... the past two mornings (between 1-4am) you had to try just to not catch them. I was fishing from the kayak, but you could have easily caught them from the bridge... they were blitzing the entire inlet from the bridge to the jet ski docks. Bring the light tackle, all fish were between 16-20in.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Thanks for the report Ryan I've looked in the Lynnhaven a couple times resently and found none so far so maybe they haven't made the turn around the cape yet. I'll have to make a trip to Rudee soon the smoker needs some meat and the flounder need some free strip baits.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Ryan,

thanks for the report, nice to see bud. i hope i can make it out there soon

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jay B give me a holler when ya go, I have been meaning to get up with ya to pick up that depth finder... guess my mind has been a lot blanker than my schedule :D

Neil we gotta get up sometime in the summer man, I am tryin' to get some cobia blood on the yak!

BS that camera is sick man... easily accessible, I am gonna look into getting one... wish I woulda had it for the feeding frenzy out there the other night... those boys were LIT UP... had two just about jump in the kayak... the ones I hooked tail walked all the way to the yak and got aerial.... fun stuff on light tackle. Get on 'em, they should be providing good action from the rocks and the rail... I know there is some monsters in there too.

The trout bite is decent all over the inlet as well as many of you know, the pups are out in force taking baits too. Shrimp and small crab (not sure what they are, but a 2" gulp peeler in 'molting' is an exact replica) look to be the main forage right now, anything that looks like a silverside will do the trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.