Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me directions (from Rt. 1 in Lewes) to Roosevelt Inlet? I'll be heading up there early next morning since i'll be spending a few days with some HS buddies at OC and thought I'd try a new location to fish.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've only been tere once but I checked this on Mapquest for names so it should work. East off of Rt 1 on Rt 9, then bear left on Business Rt9 into Lewes. Go over the the canal and then left on Cedar St. or Bay Ave. to the end where there is a parking lot.
Good Luck,
John :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
when you get on rt9 from rt1, that is savannah road. it runs straight over the canal, go to third street, go left, it is cedar st. 1.75 miles to parking lot at roosevelt inlet. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I just came back from Roosevelt Inlet I got 2 small Flounder and 1 24" Striper;all on minnows and squid combo.Lots of Blues on chicken;Lots of Flounder caught on squid/minnow,as well as chicken.I have yet to see a Trout caught :rolleyes: :confused: ,but I hear they're over there.But this one guy had 2 19" Flounder caught on minnows/squid.A good amount of keeper Flounder caught.I did use some peelers for Trout on the incomming tide but no dice :rolleyes: :confused: .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fished Roosevelt Sunday morning in that ridiculous blow. Got 3 blowfish on Fishbites Coldwater baits and a couple of short flounder on minnow/squid. I really like the variety of environments you can fish in a short walking distance from the car-- back bay, inlet, jetty, and open beach. Excellent spot, I'll be back.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Some more reserch on it and it might be one new spot on the Deleware hot spots list.It can be a good spot for Flounder,but bring pleanty of rigs if you fish around the rocks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
rugger. i have fished,cast for mullet in the fall, but there is no back bay. i think you might mean the little cove where the u of de. college of marine studies keep their boats. as you come in the inlewt from the bay, to your left is the beach, right is beach plum island, as you look at the cove, to the right is tha coasdt guard , to the left of the c.g. is canary creek, to the right is the broadkill river, and to the left is the end or beginning of the lewes rehoboth canal. all of which have fish. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the little cove is what I am referring to, Bill. Hope this clears it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts