Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a lot of interest, from myself as well as from many board members, in how everyone is doing. A large percentage of members were in the path of Isabel.

Some of us have had power failures. Some of us have had power restored and are able to be online. For others who have access in some way to a computer, please check in. Some of us have been in contact either by phone or in person with other members. So, if you know how other members are doing let us know as well as pass on a message to them to let them know that they are in the thoughts of many.

Please post here.

Thrifty Angler checking in.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The lights just came on. We were about dancin in the streets. Hope everybody gets theirs soon. We'll be fishin somewhere tomorrow, don't know where and don't care. Clean up done and the lights are on, I'm out!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Power Is Still Off, at the home 20.

No word about the house in Corolla at this time.

But we're fine, and the boats are OK.

And the Insurance is paid, so how bad can it be?

Looking forward to October on the OBX.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
What a weekend!

Finally got power back late Saturday afternoon. Lots of trees down in my neighborhood. I lost one large, beautiful, shade tree on my property. :(

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smoothbore54 and Sandcrab

thanks for checking in.

Although I have seen many member's names in the logged on area at the bottom of the Bulletin Boards screen, there are others I haven't seen yet. And there are other members who only have a limited time online due to having to use a laptop or someone's else's computer. If you're not online while "we" are, there's no way to know how you're doing.

This thread is intended to be a place where those who are "limited" can look to see if their friends are ok. So come on guys and gals. Let's add more names to the roll call.

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Been on generator since 2 PM Thursday afternoon. Been busy cleaning up and helping neighbors do the same. We we're fortunate. Dodged a tornado and really had little tree damage. All in all many are a lot worse off.

Rode around Sunday and looked at Harrisons pier........for 3 miles.
Big chunks on the jetty at the Spit and on peoples beaches. Amazing!

They were digging out sand from the Thirsty Camel. A new beach area at the Spit. Debrie everywhere in the water. All in all OV was not too bad.

Any members in the Norfolk- VB area that need help, give a hollar!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Fair winds and following seas!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surf and Turf

thanks for checking in.

Helping out friends and neighbors in a time like this is what it's all about. Stay safe.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Didn't have much damage,power was on the whole time,one of the lucky ones I guess.Brother in laws house had two trees fall on it and the one in the front yard fell onto his neighbors house in Chesapeak Va. so that's where I headed. TRIGGER

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TRIGGERFISH

thanks for checking in.

I hope you get a chance to wet a line while in our area. Be careful with the tree removal.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Checking in from Easy Street

No powr failure, but a fairly large amount of wind damage to the studio garden area. Largely sore back and shoulders from running the chainsaw on Friday and Sat.

Will have to find new area to do outside photos in, but we are lucky compared to most.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fish Hunter

thanks for checking in.

You with a sore back and sore shoulders. And me with a sore wrist from handling sheets of plywood. What a site we'll be trying to cast out lines. For me it'll probably be a struggle to bring in small fry.:D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I live in what is left of North Beach. The pier, boardwalk and a lot of the houses were really damaged. Water was up past the new senior rec center. Stinnetts was underwater and the salad bar (the one shaped like a boat) really does float. I have some pictures taken the next morning and they do not look so good. the water was up to and rolling over the pier (the area where we fished from). When I took the picture the house along the boardwalk (to the right by the bed and breakfast) were still under water and the waves were crashing against the houses.
Fuel oil drums were torn loose and they were leaking oil, the boats that were torn up were all leaking gas and oil. It is or was a mess..I can imagine what Breezy Point was like.

I have some good pictures and do not know how to put them on this bulletin board so I am going tos end them to Flea and have him post them.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jcreamer

thanks for checking in.

Until recently, I had no idea Maryland was hit so hard. Seems we all here on the Va and Md coast were on the wrong side of Izzy's forward movement. The weather guys here had predicted we would have a rough ride for just that reason.

Glad you are ok. The pic of the pier should make it onto the Izzy page of piers that have been affected.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It was something. I walked up to this one area. Behind Stinnetts restaurant and fuell drums were floating around, you could smell the fuel oil and gas from the damaged boats and a couple of intellects were smoking. I grabbed my wife and said we will go to the front and got asfar from there as I could. Right after we left I could see the firemarshal letting them know about it.

I sent two pic to flea taken the morning after. I am gettingmore ready to send now. I have a new computer and everything is done completely different from my old one.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jcreamer

if no other lessons come from Izzy, patience will be the one thing that many will have learned. All things come in time. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Check-in

Doing well so far. No property damage (PTL). Still running a generator day to day. Planning my next fishing run as soon as we get power again. Excited to read that Judy Boone is considering rebuilding "Boone's Pier"!!:D

Macman

1 - 20 of 34 Posts