Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roll Call for Maryland/Delaware members

Yep guys I finally got around to Maryland/Delaware. After reading some of the posts on your board, I see you were affected by Isabel as well.

Here's a place to check in so others know how you are.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm still here, could use a couple of tons of AA batteries for my little TV, other than that, I'm fine. Could use some electricty though.

Soapfish

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LongRanger and soapfish

thanks for checking in.

Soapfish....my son bought me one of those walkman type Radio/TV sound/Weather band/Cassette combos that take only 2 AA batteries. Got it a little while back at Circuit city for $18.00. Been going strong on the same two batteries for 4 days now. Family Dollar stores carry the 4 pack of Panasonic alkaline AA's for $2.00. Some however still carry them for $1.50.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I am here! Anybody heard from Husky? Heard they got a lot of rain and wind in his area of town. Most likely still don't have power either.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FL FISHERMAN

thanks for checking in.

It'll take more than the winds and rains of Izzy to keep Husky down. After all, he did accompany Sandcrab on that venture onto the jetties during a winter storm. Probably just another adventure for him.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yeah I know I was there too but smart enough to not venture onto the jetties!:D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I was up on Wilson Point, Middle River, MD this weekend helping my parents remove the neighbors 22 foot boat from their front yard. They sustained major damage to their pier and bulkhead, as did some of the other residents on the point. My parents were high enough that no water got in the house though. It was rough to see the other residents of the point using out row boat to get down to their homes which were under 5 feet of water. No injuries or loss of life, thank god.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OldBay

thanks for checking in.

It was a site in our neighborhood as well to look out the window and see the boats higher than the street.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
catman

thanks for checking in.

I've noticed you online many times in the last day or so. So many others haven't had that opportunity. This thread will be useful to them.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dont know if you are goin to post a rollcall for Delaware.

Delaware is the second smallest State and its often over

looked.Did you know we are the only State in the union without

a National Park........

All is well in Dover, never even lost power.People to the north

lost power and had flooding and costal residents had flooding.I

fished saturday at Cape henlopen,lost alot of beach there but

the mullet run is begining.

Now my sister in Buxton,NC
and my Mother in Norfolk(oceanview),Va..............thats a different story

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Well, counting me, my wife and two daughters, eight thumbs up (though at times shakey thumbs), and four paws up from the DOG. All things considered, limbs and all (need at least a shingle job on the roof), we were pretty lucky, thanks Big Guy!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DOVERPOWER, shaggy, and fisherman8876

thanks for checking in.

An oversight on my part DOVERPOWER. The correction has been made. Thanks again. Looks like you might be heading south soon. Do bring your gear.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Maryland Roll Call

My Power Came Back On Sunday Morning!
I had been without power since the hurricane hit.

No loss of life, no injuries, no damage to house or vehicles. One of my large trees fell, but no one or anything was in harms way.

I do hope that everyone has survived the hurricane unharmed!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts