Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Virginia members please check in here so others who get a chance, using either their own computer or someone else's computer, to come online can see that you've made it thru.

Thanks

Thrifty Angler checking in.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Checking in .....Mechanicsville....

Finally got power!

Minimal damage, but "lots" of food thrown out........

As the better half always says, could have been worse. Still hear generators in the hood. Guess I'll be thinking about scraping up the $$$ for one before winter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
checking in

Catfishmama checking in. Lots of trees down and still people without power. Lots of call ins at work due to no power, no baby sitter and trees down.

Thrifty - I will email you later.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Roll Call

Was spared with no damage to my house or property. Power came back on late Saturday night, but not in time to spare the fridge it contents. Phew that cut bait that was frozen was a bit ripe to say the least. Parents house in Richmond was somehow spared; had 12 trees down, but not one hit their house! All of them fell just perfect.

Hope everyone is OK and on the road to recovery!

Dixie

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wizardude and catfishmama

thanks for checking in.

There is a similar thread on the Open Forum board.

Some members only have limited time to log in. Whether due to having to use a battery powered laptop or someone else's computer, some members who log in have limited time to read the boards. This thread is intended to be a place where everyone can take a quick look to see if their friends are ok. We need more names. Names of logged in members and names of powerless members you have spoken to.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dixie719

thanks for checking in.

That's good news for you and your parents. I know first hand how relieved one feels when a tree blows the other way.

I'm thankful as well to those city workers who picked up the trash cans on Sunday. All those frozen fish heads, bait shrimp, and thawing squid I had thrown out had my neighbors giving me that look .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Severe tree damage at my home in Spotsylvania. Minor damage to house. No power as of today (Monday) and none expected until wednesday at the earliest. Huge Hickory laying across my new 2003 Toyota. USAA says 9000 auto claims from the storm alone. After last night's cookout the rest of fridge will have to be cleaned out, shortage of ice in the area. Rappahannock was heavy but not as bad as it could have been. Dumped lots of fresh water into the Bay. Po River behind my house was into the flood plain but not any higher. It will contribute to a freshwater flush of the York.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wazz up all

the forecast looks good for clean up
but if all else fails fishing:D

hope everyone didnt get banged up 2 bad finally got power
not soon enough to save the bait but all is good
well good luck all

·
Registered
275 Posts
We were definitely fortunate..

Here in Amelia, I had a few trees down on fences which is just next years firewood. Most neighbors fairly fortunate. Heard about a buddy's boat in Hopewell being destroyed. Seems the town is hit very hard by a storm surge coming upriver and wall of water coming down . Definitely could have been much worse and am grateful. Even got my electric back today. Wish everyone well!!

PS Big EL -We are almost neighbors.

·
Registered
206 Posts
here

i went out of town for the storm because there was about 15 people staying at my house through it all. i got back to find a lot of trees down in the yard. nothing hit the house. anyway it is good to be back. i hope everyone gets back on their feet fast.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

1 - 20 of 87 Posts