Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family has a place in Rohoboth and I am bringing all the gear! I havent caught a Striper since growing up on LI sound and would love to catch another. I am leaving tonight and will be looking to fish anytime for the next 3 days. Any tips would be great. I am planing on just looking for a nice cut on the beach and drifting cut bunker or live eels if I can find them. I hear a small spot would work well if I can catch one. Might go to the Jetty at IRI as that looks like a good spot. Dont like fighting all that current with 6 ozs of weight and figure it will be crowded. But I will go anywhere at anytime to catch fish!
I think this is a great board and have been following it for a month or two. This is my first venture into using the msg board-Thanks for any advice..

·
Registered
680 Posts
fishinfever. welcome to rehoboth.if you came down at any other time but this weekend, i would meet you and go fishin. this is the second worst weekend of the year. it's mobbed already and it's only thur. if you want stripers go to IRI.the next three days the tides will be approx.2-3-4 am &pm.you can get all you need at old inlet bait and tackle. it' 2miles north of IRI. bloodworms will get you the spot and live ones are as good as anything.if you haven't fished there before ask around. there are more people that will help thean the few jerks that are a.h.'s. the crowdss\ will be big so i would go to the wall between the coast guard and the marina.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Crowds or not, the inlet is your best bet. Try to fish the last 2 hrs of the incoming tide and first two of the outgoing. If you can catch these tides after dark you are much better off. I would try fishing live eels or spot as my first choice and jigging with bucktails or soft plastics as my second. There are bass to be had in the surf, but not nearly as many as in the inlet.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
This time of year, if you can find a secluded beach, you might have a blast (king fish) but not the time for stripers out of the surf. Night time sharks, different story, sore arms and fun,. Watch out for skate and cownose though. Any way you look at it "fishing beats works".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rehoboth tips

Thanks everyone for the great info. I am going to try the inlet and the surf. I might even get to go out as my cousin might show up with his boat. Is there anywhere I can throw my cast net and get some live bait from shore? I am going to bring it just in case. I will try to be one of the good guys out there and will post when I get back.

·
Registered
680 Posts
ff. forget the castnet. it's to topugh this time of year. early sept. and the mullet start.. best bet is bloodworms for spot, and kingfish in the surf. croakers are coming in also.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Talking about it being mobbed;I saw Cape Henlopen Pier on Wed. last week and it was completly packed full of people:mad.I hope you caught alot of fish Fishing Fever.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts