Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a local rod builder to rewrap a surf rod and to replace a broken guide on another rod. Preferably close to Calvert County. Not sure if this is the proper section to post.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Try going to a couple of the fishing expos coming up. I was at the Frederick expo and therevwere a couple rod builders there.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Did you try google? I just did a quickngoogle search and found results in both annapolis and prince frederick

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think there is someone just across the Bay Bridge that does some custom work. I just don't remember the name or store. I know that doesn't help much, but maybe lead you to to someone.

You might also want to inquire at Tacklebox in Lexington Park. I know they do some repairs, not too sure if they do total rebuilds.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
matter of fact, just googled it…place is called Shore Tackle and Custom Rods near Kent Narrows.
X2 on that. I was just going to say, that is easy. Take it to a good tackle shop. You have some good one in your area. Cross over the bridge. You have two or three places that will fix you rods, reels, with no problem. Question for you. Is Kent Island, or Grasonville to far for you?

Shore Tackle & Custom Rods LLC

3 reviews · Fishing Store

3100 Main St · (410) 827-7765

Opens at 9:00 AM

Website

Directions

Chesapeake Outdoors

4 reviews · Sporting Goods Store

1707 Main St · (410) 604-0446

Open until 7:00 PM

Website

Directions