Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fishing on the end of the Rodanthe Pier was slow Yesterday.The was plenty of small biter sharks to help eat bait and take your tackle.I did see some fair sized sea mullet being caught on small pieces of cut bait.There was also small flounder and speckled trout hitting the planks.I had some buds work the Bonner bridge and did not have much to report.Russell Warren worked some trout holes on Pea Island and got skunked,but had a friend report 1 release citation BIG RED at the Point.The wind is going back SW today ,so I,ll be puttin in work on the pier for drum. I'll let you know what happens...The Millitia

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
DD you're killing me with reports like that. What is the typical lure of choice there nowadays beach-fishing for Specks? I've done a lot better up here this year than the last couple and most fish were taken on either Mirrolures or Leadheads with curly-tailed grubs, mainly bubblegum or chartruese colored.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just may be a dumb question but what type of sharks are the small 'biters' that have been caught there? Any luck they may be sharpnose or just the plain old dogfish.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
DD, thanks but, another question. Are you talking about the paddle-tail or curly-tail ones. I've done well using the 3" smoke-colored curly ones for greys and there's a guy that fishes the Lynnhaven with me for Specks and swears by the 3" red/clear ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts