Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While fishing last Friday night at SPSP, I notice alot of the late night fishermen/fisherwomen that their rod tips glowed. What are they using and where do you get it?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Was it the whole tip? I have seen people clip on glowsticks to the end of there rod. Personally I taped my rods with yellow tape and I can see them very well with a lantern on low out there.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Check here www.breakawayusa.com/pages/cost-98.htm look for old red eye rod tip light.
Myself, I use reels with the baitrunner feature. I just wait and listen for the sound of my next victim.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Orest-I personally use tiny little battery powered lights. Lindy makes them and I think you can pick them up at Gallyians. They are about an inch long and have the diameter of about a q-tip. I have had mine for quite some time. You can also buy bell and glowstick combo. K-mart or walmart should carry those.

How as your luck at SPSP last night? I fished at the point until about 11:00. caught only one white perch.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Addicted - I was there Friday Night and Sunday morning. Friday I caught 2 croakers and 1 white pearch - good Saturday dinner. Sunday 5 medium size white perch and croakers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
New product

I personally don't like the old red eye tip from breakaway, it just slides into a plastic which has to be glue on your rod first, is not safe, one cast and it's gone, I rather buy the glowsticks, cheaper, last all night, they don't mess up your rod. I have bought the new a red tip indicator @ bass pro for $5.99 which is the best so far, when a strike occurs a sound goes off with a audible alarm and light signal, can't beat that, not only that, it uses a small holster with a rubberband, pretty safe and no sticky glue needed the best.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There are several guys listing them on eBay. Cheap.

I use clear tape, so that I can cover them completely with tape.

I've never had one come off when casting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts