Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, who's going? Will be heading down Saturday morning with the wife.

I haven't gone so I'm not familiar with the convention center, so can anyone recommend a spot for P&S folks to meet up?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
yeah, I would also like some details on this event, I would like to go.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I'll be there also, havent been to the center either, but Im sure someone will chime in. Im looking foward to the show, and meeting some people from here
Here is a link outfishing http://home.earthlink.net/~icrbe/

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
How many people are staying overnight? I think I will get a hotel even though its only 45 min from my house, maybe we can find a place to eat or something, I will have my 8yr old with me so no bars please.Bastardo, i would say look for me, but Im just your average 5'10" overweight white guy. :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
tac and bass, thanks. yeah, 4.5 hours for me, wish I could give someone money and let them pick me up some stuff, heck the money I will save at the show will not out weigh the gas it takes me to get there, better re-think this one.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
well I plan on picking up enough for several people outfishing. I have already ordered enough thread to last a lifetime, I will be offering some up on here since I had to order full box quantities

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I want a cheap surf blank as this will be one of my first builds, I do not have the experience yet to dump a whole lot of money into a set up I am going to try to build, from what I hear it is more daunting than anything.

·
3,775 Posts
Meet up

...i would say look for me, but Im just your average 5'10" overweight white guy. :D

You know how many of us that describes?

Sounds like you and I are twins....You from Wilmington?:D

My brother and I will be there early Satuday as well. I'll probably be wearing some brown Dickies Jeans. I might find a sticker that says Island Tackle and Hardware if I can remember, Ill wear that so you can know its me.

·
Banned
946 Posts
I want a cheap surf blank as this will be one of my first builds, I do not have the experience yet to dump a whole lot of money into a set up I am going to try to build, from what I hear it is more daunting than anything.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I rebuild the first 2 that I made after improving the skills. So the blank isn't done after building on it and stripping a blank is another new and fun skill to learn. But you can typically find some decent deals on blanks there.

The best thing about the rod show is the training seminars. They're invaluable to a beginner and will get you well ahead on the learning curve. You'll get a chance to meet and talk with some of the best builders in the industry. Many of the book and video authors are there. The amount of talent present is simply insane.

All that said, I won't be going this year :( My current job ends 3/31 and I haven't got anything lined up yet. So I'm saving the coin even though I have several interviews in the works. But with a kid in the oven, I can't risk blowing the money on a hobby, even an incredibly addicting and rewarding one :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.