Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found the greatest rod holder ever. We were fishing on the Hudson River this Spring and met a guy who made them for his buddies. He said he was thinking of going into business since they were so popular. I bought tow and wished I had gotten 2 or 3 more! I got his phone number and he told me they're in business now at www.benchbeach.com -Check them out, these rod holders last and are real quality. They're worth every penny

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wizardude,
I just logged onto the site after receiving your message. Try typing in www.benchbeach.com and see what happens.
Thanks for letting me know.
surffisher13

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i saw the problem, the first link had a period in it at the end

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kozlow,
How long has this one been on the market?? The one we use also has a gusset to reinforce the step plate.
surffisher13

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I am not sure how long its been out there . But some local from that site is from St. Augustine area I think . I think the site has only been up a month or two .

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the Bench Beach model is very substantial and has a patent pending. I'm going to give them a call to let them know about the one you sent. It might be a patent infringement.
The Bench Beach one is tall enough to keep your line above the shoeline debris and incoming waves, it also has a 12" spike to really hold it in place. I'll stick with it, but thank you for letting me know what else is out there.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've used several similar types and found them to be very heavy and cumbersome if you have to hike over some dunes carrying 2 heavers, tackle bags and sand spkes.
I build my own using the PVC/aluminum spike combo. It's half the weight and costs about $5 to make compared to $30+ (plus s/h) on that site.
I've seen them at tackle stores all along the Outer Banks that look like the ones on that website but are only $15 bucks.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I agree

Those are nice but making them yourself is the way to go. That way you have a custom holder for each rod you have.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey surffisher13,

Why don't you post your stuff for sale on ebay? This is a site for fishermen, not salesmen.
I just found the greatest rod holder ever.
Yeah, right, whatever.:barf:

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Stupid effin' spammer...

Look, surffisher13 or striper57 or whatever in the heck you want to call yourself, in the user agreement it clearly states NO SPAMMING and ONLY ONE ACCOUNT PER PERSON.

I'm really not a bad guy, but I'm down with some sort of cooties and I feel like crap and there's snow on the ground up here and I can't fish and...

I think I'll probably be out of work tomorrow with my illness and you really don't want me spending my entire day finding ways to embarass you or make you unhappy.

Go away and never darken our door again. :mad:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Maybe he/she is off tracking down that company in St Augustine that stole his/her patent. :) Man that irks me when someone takes my ideas.

C'mon, $35 for a rod holder?!!??!:jawdrop:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
If ya gonna spend that kinda cash,I got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn and some oceanfront property in Arizona fer sale......

I know I can make 2 rod holders for 35$ clams.......:jawdrop:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts