Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well a wile ago I got a sealine 30 X SHA, and I got it with a surf rod that turned out to be junk and I am not cut out for surf fishing, so I want a rod for it for live baiting off piers. I will be fishing for kingfish,drum,cobia,small sharks,stripers,catfish,etc, what would you get I am looking to spend less then $100 but will go a little over, I was thinking of getting a Daiwa Saltist boat rod or a ugly stick Tiger what do you think?

PS: I will be doing a lot of pin rigging with it.

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not looking for a surf rod, I did look at those they look really nice, Thanks thoe. I am looking for shmething around '7, I am 12 and '5"5 I don't want anything over '10 anyway.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I am pier fishing, yeah I should have posted that I was pier fishing, I figured people would understand because I said "I am not cut out for surf fishing/I will be doing a lot of pin rigging" sorry.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you need a fightin rod for under a 100$$ then I would suggest a uglystick custom, great rod for the price and they gotem at bass pro shops JMO.
Hmm did not think about then though I have seen and looked at them, I might get one. How would it be bottom fishing for cobia,drum,etc and free lining for stripers you think?

·
Registered
450 Posts
O.k.

Hmm did not think about then though I have seen and looked at them, I might get one. How would it be bottom fishing for cobia,drum,etc and free lining for stripers you think?
Well good for stripers, normally if your bottom fishin for drum and cobes I prefer a long stick on the planks. A great boat rod though for all the above, caught a 54lb king on the planks last year on my uglystick custom used as a fighting rod while pinrigging on the planks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.