Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a rod for trout redfish inshore saltwater fishing but more specifically the action. Been looking at the loomis e6x inshore rods medium power fast action tip. I'm throwing soft plastics mainly so I figured the fast action tip or extra fast action tip would be best for the sensitivity? And the length of the rods any advantage or disadvantage to 7' 6" rod? But I'm just looking for some advice or what y'all have used from personal experience

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not sure where you are located but if you're anywhere near Charlotte NC, you are welcome to check out my 7'6" key largo. I like it alot. It's fast action enough to have fun with the smaller fish but enough back bone to drag in a 4' shark.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Shore Coast Vacation Recreation Soil
Fish Fishing Outdoor recreation Recreational fishing Recreation
Fish Fish Herring Sardine Coregonus lavaretus
In all my years fishing for trout, redfish, snook, and flounder in FL. all I used was a 7' ML rod like a Red Bone. I never did need a $200. or $300. rod.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Looking for a rod for trout redfish inshore saltwater fishing but more specifically the action. Been looking at the loomis e6x inshore rods medium power fast action tip. I'm throwing soft plastics mainly so I figured the fast action tip or extra fast action tip would be best for the sensitivity? And the length of the rods any advantage or disadvantage to 7' 6" rod? But I'm just looking for some advice or what y'all have used from personal experience
jmho.. Stick with the loomis you are thinking about if it is anything like the loomis I've had for over 25yrs now.. MULTIPLE species,rod's been wrapped twice,still catching,and is my favorite rod.. Can't count the numbers of pups and specks that have been caught on it. It is sensitive and fights a fish superb.. The rod was only 50 bucks at the time,but that was expensive back then and worth every penny..

·
Registered
525 Posts
DD.. you are probably fishing the same trout rod I have and love. Gloomis P844 GL2. The softer Gl2 cast mirrorlures without causing them to tumble and the parabolic action doesn't pull hooks out of those soft trout mouths.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts