Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking at buying a casting rod to go with an Abu Garcia 9000i reel. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am currently looking at a 11' MH Tica USGA. I will be using this rod for surf fishing at the coast.(Primarily Portsmouth island.)

Thanks,
Buckcounter

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you like the way the rod feels and it will toss the desired payload,then buy it. I have no personal use of this rod.But have never heard anything bad. If you can put your reel on it and see how it balances out for you. Again you will get suggestions for several higher dollar rods. But they will not guarantee more fish in the cooler.
I have a Squidder on a Okuma Solaris (Great Rod) 12'er that I can cast 5 and bait plenty far enough to catch fish with. :fishing::beer:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's me.

Yes, its me! How's it going. We'll beheading back to Paradise May 6th if all goes as planned.(Full moon is on the 9th.) When is the pit crew heading back?:)
Just got back in from trying to help fishinmedic try to track a deer he shot this evening. No luck though!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hate ya didn't find the deer. You can come to the house and sit on the back porch, drink a beer or twelve and pop a few feeding off my pecans. Pulled in the drive the other night and 9 were out back.

We have our trip planned for the last week of May. Guess we'll have to pick up all the ones medicdave misses:D Guess we'll have to take an extra cooler!

We are talking of going a little north in April if we can work it out. Good to hear from ya and maybe we can hook up a trip soon. We've gone to 4 day work week with a 4 day weekend every other week, so we plan on getting down more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.