Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone know.' is it today or tomorow that the season runs out ? if tomorow gimmie a hot spot so's i can go get a couple !:D

·
Registered
867 Posts
June 15 is the last day that you can keep striped bass in Virginia waters of the Chesapeake Bay until Oct 4th.

The coastal waters which includes Rudee Inlet is still open for two fish 28 inches or better.

Tom

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey TOM / 2 questions are there any biting your way ? and are the crabs cheaper your way cause at a $ 1.45 a crab is high here at the time :cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
The last I heard they were still biting at the CBBT. The only one that I ever caught from shore in Poquoson was 14 inches; in mid Oct. four or five years ago; on soft plastic.

The cobia bite turned on last week and all of the guys with boats are off of grandview fishing for them.

I generally do not buy crabs rather I catch them myself by working the grass beds at low tide. I went out yesterday and had a dismal trip with respect to catching crabs. Conditions were OK but there were no crabs.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.