Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I agree they should be hammered, but I bet they don't get anything very severe. Especially when you have the the CBF people saying:

"It's not a threat to the ecosystem. It's not a major threat to the striped bass population, either. But it's a significant amount of fish," said Bill Goldsborough of the nonprofit Chesapeake Bay Foundation. "You can't manage a fishery very effectively ... if you're going to have rampant poaching like that."

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Actually the feds, not the state, busted them I believe. I think there is a good chance they get punished hard. I hope so.

The State authorities look bad for not knowing how bad poaching really is out there. I think the State authorities said the population is fine as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I sell seafood for a living but I hope they get the Maximum penalty. When good management practices are in place and adhered to we all benifit. In this case they, the poachers and sellers of poached fish, are the only ones who benifitted. Screw em!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I sell seafood for a living but I hope they get the Maximum penalty. When good management practices are in place and adhered to we all benifit. In this case they, the poachers and sellers of poached fish, are the only ones who benifitted. Screw em!
The thing that is most disturbing to me is that the investigation went on for 4 years and they were allowed to poach for 4 years. How much damage did they do during that time, and why do you need to investigate poaching for 4 years?????

·
Registered
74 Posts
Out of my wallet

The thing that is most disturbing to me is that the investigation went on for 4 years and they were allowed to poach for 4 years. How much damage did they do during that time, and why do you need to investigate poaching for 4 years?????
Good point A 4 yr fed probe,helicopters,undercover agents, survailence. What all of that going to cost us-taxpayers. Probably alot more than these guys fines.
Don't take this wrong com. fishermen, I know you work hard. I love to eat fish and you help feed people that don't get to fish like allot of us do on this sight.
I just don't want my kids paying for our Gov. spending. Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.