Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got to spsp at 8:30; lines in the water at 8:45. Water was calm, no wind, and not a good nite at all. 11:30 still nothing; so se decided to leave at 12:00. As soon as we say that, "Big hits" , two rock fishes 22" and 25". Another hour went by with no action what so ever. Left spsp at 12:30 and still waiting for those BLUES.
One question, if anyone know if we are allowed to keep those rock fish or not? thank you.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Hey Loanofficer you could of kept em if you had em in your car by midnight. Those were some nice ones what did you catch em on?

·
Registered
592 Posts
LO,
Where were you guys I was to the left of the small boat launch.
I fished from 9:30-2:30am, got 4 croaker (10-12”), 1 white perch, 3 spot (8-10”), many "rat" striper (most 3 “-8"), channel catfish (18”), few double headers but around 10 was prime time, one after the other for a little while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not know what the rules was; but I did not let them go either (too nice to let them go). We had them in the car by 12:30. Lucky that we did not meet any ranger. Early in the evening (around 10:00 or 10:30), one guy stop by check for our licenses and ask to see the cooler too.
FM, you may not believe this; we used shrimp on the top hook and spot at the bottom hook. Both of them hit on the shrimp. If some one told me that they have both shrimp and nice, fresh spot on the same rod and rock fish hit the shrimp then it is kind of hard to believe; but it happend to us.
RD, we know that next to the small boat launch (where all the rocks are ) is very good but when we were there, it was too many people around there. We was the goup of three people all the way to the right. Closet to the restroom.
FM, they would give us ticket if they find rockfish in our cooler after midnight? To tell the truth, if I caugh nice size rock again (after midnight), I would run to my car and leave them in there. It hurt so much to release those nice ones :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes LO,
It is always crowded around there but last night I was the only one catching fish constistently from what I saw (not bragging in the least). But then again I was not watching everyone. It is very difficult to fish around there because you have to cast out far and the current is really strong and even with a 6 oz weight it ends up drifting and there are a lot of snags. Lost two more rigs again last night in the same spot. I spent a lot of time rebaiting because there seems to be so many small striper, around 3". I caught a lot of those small striper but nothing to brag about. I have fished around where you were before and caught a lot of small striper there as well. It is nice to see you caught some good fish, even if you only caught a few. Sometimes it is about quality on quantity.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DP, I am not sure what your question was;
I work as a loan officer for a mortgage company; however, I do not have license to work in Delaware (only DC, MD and VA), so I can not help you with it. If you have any question, I am more than happy to try to answere it. One rock fish per question. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
(DP, I am not sure what your question was;
I work as a loan officer for a mortgage company; however, I do not have license to work in Delaware (only DC, MD and VA), so I can not help you with it)

Loan officer I asked because I am also a Mortgage broker.I am only licsend in Pa and De.

Caught 2 short stripers 22 and a 20 a small sea bass and 2 flounder. a short and a nice 22 incher.It was the first time I have ever caught a flounder in the inlet.I have caught them on the bay side and the surf of the inlet.
caught the striperson a white bucktail
the flounder and see bass were caught on a speck rig with a white pork rind strip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.