Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my best friends went down to James River Pier with some frozen Bunker and cleaned house this past weekend. The only two on the pier really catching anything. they caught over 25 Rock and missed even more (that is why it is called fishing, not catching). The biggest was about 26 inches. just wanted to let you all know that it is not bad everywhere! Sorry Tod, don't mean to steal your thunder but just had to tell people how great you guys did. Good job guys!
- Surfman

·
Registered
725 Posts
Is there a difference between Elwy and Bunker and if so which would be better to use right now? I know that fresh bait is better than frozen.

Are there any other baits, like mullet, that the bait shops carry that might be worth trying now?

It could be that no matter what bait we use we may not hook a keeper. It seems like there's very few keepers around to eat the bait.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Does it make me mentally damaged if I ask who else is up for the James River Pier on Friday? I can be there in less time than it takes me to get to IRI, and if there are fish there...

BTW, can anyone else give us independent confirmation of fish showing up there before I set off on this fool's errand?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fools Errand.....

Rugger,
Trust me, these guys caught a bunch! Now, I really think that it is important to emphasize that almost no-one else was cathing much at all. Everyone there were using Hi-Lo rigs, and these guys were using fish finder rigs with NO floats. Also, they were the only ones brave (or stupid) enough to cast right into the middle of a large crab pot setting near the power pole out in the water (where else, right?). I have one of the fish in my freezer, so trust me..... they slayed them.
- Surfman

·
Registered
725 Posts
HaPPyPapPy832443,

Thanks for the answer to my question. I've wondered about that for a while, but every time I'm in the bait shop I just order elwy or bloodworms and forget to ask them.

Blue Heron

·
Registered
170 Posts
Now SurfMan the next time you make sure you include Va okay.
:D Happy ThankGiving from me and the Family, to You and Yours.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh Yea... VA!

Sorry Tony,
Guess I forgot about VA. MD/DE is my fishing home away from home I guess (now anyway). But not a prob. I guess it is only fair. hehehe

Happy Turkey Day to you and your family. Hope the new home is nice. Mine rocks! Have my own office and taxidermy room. You know Tony, This colder weather means that we should be catching rocks soon.... You up for it in a week or two?
- Surfman

By the way,
I am having a girl, and her name will be Callie Ashlynn Scholz. One proud papa-to-be

·
Registered
725 Posts
SurfMan,

Congratulations! My daughter's name is Callie too (1974). My wife and I were searching for unusual names (at that time I had never heard of the name before). I think we found Callie in the "Third World Baby Name Book." I believe it's ancient Welsh for Spring Fawn.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Blue Heron

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good Deal surfman on the little Lady. Yes in two weeks sound good to me down Southern VA.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts