Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching Black Beard make a rig in 5 minutes. I am now looking for a complete kit. Or a place to purchase to all the needed componenets (pliers, beads, swivels (regular/cascading), crimps (single and double) and impact shields). So if anyone knows of a place, where I can purchase my supplies please speak up. Also, I noticed thats Veals sells a rig making kit, has anyone purchased it? If so what do you think of it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Aero993,
I'm looking for the same thing and saw the kit Veals offers,
but you can't tell if it includes crimping pliers from the picture.
Did you see those bait clips? How do they work?
Hope you get some good responses.
Gordon Kirk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Guys,

I have purchased supplies from Veals and several other
mail order companies in Great Britian. I would buy a la cart.
Get what you can in your local tackle shop or Breakaway.
The esoteric stuff you can get from GB. I picked up this little thing called a smartie. It is a crimp on device that includes a swivel to provide standoffs for your traces. Takes 2 minutes to make a rig.
Check them out:Just Rigs
I have several other websites for rig making:

Advanced Rig Design

Aqua-Clear Tackle

A list of Long Casting Rigs

Rigs for fishing from beach or sea

World SeaFishing Page

You can get impact shields, swivels, and beads at Sports Authority.I use stick leader to make some rigs and flurocarbon for others. It is actually a great passtime, I started making tapered leaders for fly fishing and I just was fascinated by the neat gadgets the Brits use and started ordering from Veals. Service has been great. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
262 Posts
links...

Shorebird, Those are some interesting links that you have provided.:) Thanks, Larry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts