Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in here think it would be a good idea to have a forum dedicated to sharing ideas and "how-to's" related to homemade rigs for all different species??

·
Banned
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah so to conserve board space....why not make one forum for all of them.....also, if you think about it, we might all learn a few tricks from each other based on the different regions we live in.......all in the interest of EVERYONE catching more trophies!!

I would like Flea weigh in on this when he gets a chance.....I can't stop thinking about it:beer: :)

FA

·
Registered
957 Posts
yeah so to conserve board space....why not make one forum for all of them.....also, if you think about it, we might all learn a few tricks from each other based on the different regions we live in.......all in the interest of EVERYONE catching more trophies!!

I would like Flea weigh in on this when he gets a chance.....I can't stop thinking about it:beer: :)

FA
exactly you never know what will and wont work.:beer:

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
Are all

my ideas being taken, i already said this:eek: :p :p You could still post question on the open forum about rigging. But like anything else, a mod would move it if he felt that it belong in the rigging section....That section would contain, Pictures and full detail on how and what to use.....if a person ask...."should he use steel for stripers" that type of question would stay in the open forum.....This would help on searches, because now all "How/Where/when" to use leaders or tie a knot would be under its own section....:beer: i dont mine, you guys can take my ideas:rolleyes: :p :p

·
3,775 Posts
Ditto.

:beer:
I don't see how that would save space? Because you still would have rig questions in the local forums.
I dont think we need to take all these forums elsewhere....

The more forums you have, the more spread out the board gets. Im all for keeping things simple so there is less to peruse through all the time.

Unless you want to make a Custom Rod Forum vs. regular store bought. Circle hook vs J hook forum; Oh, the Spinning vs Conventional Reel forums would be a hit as well....:beer:

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
I think you

are making this more then what it really is. You wouldnt make a "Section" for everything and anything...You would start with one or two (Shark and rigging) anything talk about these two things would go into those sections. So if any question comes up, the person get direct to that section. And he does a "Search" in that section about anything on Sharking that he wants to know about....and the only response he would get is just about "Sharking"....The way the search feature is set now.....if i want to look for any info on sharking in just my region, i will only get the few feedbacks there. And then seeing that i don't get the answer that i want, i do a search on the whole forum....But now i get to look thru 20 pages or more, on anything that has the word "Shark" in it....This gets tiresome after awhile.....And the main reason i wanted to do this in the first place....Was because everytime a new person came on the board to ask a question on something...I would go do a search on it....and now i understand why some don't even bother....There is just too much "Extra" stuff to go thru, till you find a answer for your question.....But give something its own section...and things would be faster and easy to find....and they can always ask New questons....:fishing:

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
:beer:

I dont think we need to take all these forums elsewhere....

The more forums you have, the more spread out the board gets. Im all for keeping things simple so there is less to peruse through all the time.

Unless you want to make a Custom Rod Forum vs. regular store bought. Circle hook vs J hook forum; Oh, the Spinning vs Conventional Reel forums would be a hit as well....:beer:
I agree and dont forget th bait vs lure forum...:p

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
staying

set in your ways, and never thinking outside the box. Will keep you from growing.....New things arent a bad....I understand some people not wanting to have something new, because it might start more trouble :rolleyes: (in their own eyes) But for something to keep growing it must start doing new things....Move on or get out of the way...but do something :fishing: Just my opinion:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
yep

I have to agree on this one. There are so many rig styles and personal preferences that I think it would end up being nothing but arguments and put downs because someone may not agree with someone else is using. Like others have said, braid vs. mono, circle vs. "j", custom vs store bought. I think it's fine the way it is.

·
3,775 Posts
Im picking up what your putting down.

set in your ways, and never thinking outside the box. Will keep you from growing.....New things arent a bad....I understand some people not wanting to have something new, because it might start more trouble :rolleyes: (in their own eyes) But for something to keep growing it must start doing new things....Move on or get out of the way...but do something :fishing: Just my opinion:rolleyes:
I wish I was set in my ways. I think it would make things a little easier at times.

I must admit, it can be tiresome reading through the search pages; I usually never ask anyone to do a search for anything .

I like reading the new peoples questions and the answers they are givin even if they've been hashed out before. I usually find that there is always something new for someone to add about a particular subject.

...I digress...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts