Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite spot to fish in the midbay region of the Western shore is at the inlet to a tidal lake. Access is not easy: there's no legal parking within three miles, so I bring my bike in the car and cycle the rest. At this spot an outgoing tide makes for fairly consistent catching, and this morning was no exception. Casting into 15 mph wind and choppy water made fishing tough but the second year class stripers found my Skitter Walk without much issue. Good fun on 8lb test! My 4th striper got revenge by hooking my thumb but fortunately he didn't thrash much. That's when I'd had enough of trebles, switched to soft plastics, and caught a couple more. All fish were in the 17-19" range and were released healthy. No specs today; maybe they'll show up later in the summer. By 7am the wind was pushing 20, the heavy mist had me soaked and shivering so I rode back to the car.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
can't lie, I'm playing on google maps seeing what matches those features you described haha. Sucks that so much of the bay is private property.

There is 1 potential place where I think it could be and I've always wanted to check out but the lack of parking stops me lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wish we could get a new pier up on southern Maryland area... with lights for luring baitfish and crabs! Which bring bigger fish and bigger fish! They really need to rebuild Solomon’s bridge pier thing is too small compare to some East coast piers on ocean from Carolinas.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Be careful of getting stabbed by a hook from the Bay. I made the mistake of getting
scraped on a piling and ended up going to the E/R a couple of days later. They were
concerned about MRSA. I ended up on a course of levaquin antibiotic which cleared
it up. But would can turn septic quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts