Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!!! Tried the pier action out again today with my friend Gomez. We started about 1:30pm or so, drowning minnows and cut bait. The wind was out of the E, and between that and the occaisional fog, it was a touch chilly for June. The water was slightly clearer today and the grass had somewhat lessened since Friday. I still never chucked gotcha 1 after the 'Silver Streak', having seen or heard nothing about them being around. Of note, there was a ton of bait around the pier all day, and many working birds spread out. No sooner had I dropped my 3-way over the rail, when I felt the familiar tap-tap of Mr. Flattie.... or should I say Flattie JR., as all 20 something of the Flounder we caught 2day ranged from 11" to 15". The nice part is having caught several fish and having a cool time with a buddy who doesn't get to fish much. We also nabbed a couple of Trout on a Sabiki, but no Spanish. I suppose I'll try again mid-week after the predicted warmer temps. have a chance to come into play. Also saw many croaker, sea mullet, and skates caught today, but NO Blues or Spot. Fish On
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laughing so hard, the devil gets scared....

Zigh

:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
we're going to have to get them kayaks out there before long. the river up here is a mudhole .nowhere to fish.

darren :mad:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darren, I'm up for the kayak gig any time you say the 'WORD'!!!! I think we'll be able to catch a bunch of fish and have a real nice perspective on the scenery too! Let's plan it soon.... Just drop me a b-mail over on TF whenever it'll work for you. :D

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I was in a tackleshop tonday (06-09-03) and they said somebody on Grandview landed a Cobia today. That is what I "heard". I was not there (Grandview) and the shop is in Grafton Va.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can only hope!!! Bring on the Spanish!!!!! If I don't have to work in the AM then I'm headed down early to soak some live bait and sling that darned Gotcha.... Anyone else gonna be around?

Peace
:D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hookster...What did you catch the Span. on?Did you hear if they caught cobe?Anything else biting?? the R

·
Registered
8 Posts
I caught the spanish on a gotcha plug with prism stickers on the sides. Straw rigs were producing to but bite was slow. Also caught small flounders with minnows and mullet with clam strips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts