Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted on 7-Jun-2003 1:17:22 PM
----------

Hey folks, I'm ringing in a day late with this one, but what can you do? Gave the pier a try yesterday after getting out of work a little early. Managed to be on the pier and fishing at about 3:30pm and fished until about 7:30pm. The wind was out of the E to ESE and the water was kind of dirty. LOTS of grass!! My intentions were to sling a Gotcha for some Spanish, but conditions being what they were, I just fished for Flounder instead. Fished at the head of the pier in about 7 ft. of water and caught 14 or so Flounder all of which were between 12" and 16"...... I also fooled a few 15" Grey's and a Sea Mullet or 2 using the 3-way rig with chartreuse bucktail and red beaded trailer. Conditions and the fishing itself were reportedly better in the AM. I did see a fair number of fish caught including the above mentioned and some Blues, Croaker, Spot, Pigfish, Threadfin, and a small Black Drum. No word on the Cobia. Anyway, I'll give it another go late tonight and in the early AM.... Fish On

Laughing so hard, the devil gets scared....

Zigh

:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts