Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my kids camping at PLO. Escape for few hours each morning while they were still asleep.
First day: 1 Seatrout 14 1/2”, 3 blue fish about the same size
Second day: 3 bluefish, that’s it. Lots of sting rays. This 3 blue fish regulation is bs. You can limit pretty quick.
All and all great trip with family. Fishing wasn’t great but I can’t complain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the update ,next spot on my list. what bait did you use? (y) 🍻
I always have a bag of fishbite bloodworm in my tacklebox. I may have gotten a small hit but never landed anything.
In my cooler was my wife’s chicken legs she uses for crabbing. Cut a piece, and sure enough caught the first blue fish.
I would go on to catch a few more blue fish on the chicken. The Seatrout was caught on blood worm we had found left over by another fisherman on a bait rod and hook. Lol
I did not get a single hit from sting rays on the chicken. So I’ll be using chicken when the rays are around:)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Took my kids camping at PLO. Escape for few hours each morning while they were still asleep.
Second day: 3 bluefish, that’s it. Lots of sting rays. This 3 blue fish regulation is bs. You can limit pretty quick.
View attachment 68211
Nice report. I heard they close PLO at sunset. I assume this is not true of you're there camping.

·
Registered
39 Posts
View attachment 68211

·
Registered
39 Posts
with decades of fishing up and down the Chesapeake bay, I am glad to see a seatrout get caught at PLO...

It has been a crazy long time since I saw one of those pulled up from shore....

hey maybe the puppy drum will start showing up again in good numbers....

big up, for taking the family camping...

cheers

MoJoe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
with decades of fishing up and down the Chesapeake bay, I am glad to see a seatrout get caught at PLO...

It has been a crazy long time since I saw one of those pulled up from shore....

hey maybe the puppy drum will start showing up again in good numbers....

big up, for taking the family camping...

cheers

MoJoe
I think as the salinity in the bay gets higher, we’ll see more fish such as seatrouts and drums more. I don’t doubt that we’ll see red drums this summer.
I don’t know if anybody remember the years we had the summer droughts. Those were really good fishing years. Speckled Seatrouts, weakfish, Red drums were caught plentiful and as far north as the upper bay. I used to catch them at the mouth of the Patapsco in Pasadena, MD.
Keeping my finger cross for a drum this year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fished PLO Mon 12 July thru Thur 16 July. A bunch of spot on Monday Morning... then this 45 inch Red at about 1:30. The rest thru Thursday was 3 blues, half dozen Kingfish, 1 - 15 in Striper, and 3 skates/rays.
FullSizeR.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fished PLO Mon 12 July thru Thur 16 July. A bunch of spot on Monday Morning... then this 45 inch Red at about 1:30. The rest thru Thursday was 3 blues, half dozen Kingfish, 1 - 15 in Striper, and 3 skates/rays. View attachment 68253
Awesome catch RJD!! That’s a beautiful Red. I’m glad to see them already. I have a great feeling about fishing this year. Thank you for sharing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts