Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. I broke the tip on one of my 13-ft Team Alabama Surf Rods. All good things must come to an end.:(

I am open to suggestions for a replacement. Would like to stick with a 13-Ft, three piece, spinning, with a 4-oz sweet spot, and a nice soft tip for bite detection.

I have sent an email to Tom at Torqued fishing regarding a replacement tip, but am not optimistic. Both phone numbers I have for him are out of service.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ouch I know that has to hurt. Have a look at the Saltiga Ballistic 33-405 perhaps. A bit pricier than the TASR but may fit the bill.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The ballistic 2-10 oz rated rod pretty pricey but it's a three piece. I have the 4-12oz rated one. However the same Carolina cast pro rod will go just as far since your only using 4 oz., probably even farther since it has more flex than the ballistics. Draw back is the ccp is a 2pc rod.

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,346 Posts
CPS 13' 3-6 - 50/50 split

Sweet spot is 4-5 oz. I believe you will be satisfied. It is my number 1 seller.

Tommy

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all who responded. I had no idea there were so many choices. Going to be a tough decision.:fishing:

Is there anyone in the Brevard County, Florida area who is fishing one of these rods?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Try this email. [email protected] the process is not fast but I did get a replacement for my mid section that broke during a cast this past summer. All it cost me was the shipping to get the old rod out to him so he could find a section that fit. Not that you can't buy a replacement rod in the meantime while you wait to get this one replaced.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Try this email. [email protected] the process is not fast but I did get a replacement for my mid section that broke during a cast this past summer. All it cost me was the shipping to get the old rod out to him so he could find a section that fit. Not that you can't buy a replacement rod in the meantime while you wait to get this one replaced.
Interesting. I was able to get ahold of him last night via the same email. I asked him if he had any tip sections available and he said no.

He did not offer to replace the rod but did offer to repair the tip. The tip is broken about 8-inches back so I sent him pictures of the break and asked for details on the repair. I cannot imagine the tip section being repairable but am willing to listen what he has to say.

I thought he was out of business and did not ask for a new rod under warranty. I am waiting to hear back from him. If nothing can be done, I will probably keep the rod for spare sections in case I have a problem with my other TAFS.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried to reply to your IM but your box is full.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Interesting. I was able to get ahold of him last night via the same email. I asked him if he had any tip sections available and he said no.

He did not offer to replace the rod but did offer to repair the tip. The tip is broken about 8-inches back so I sent him pictures of the break and asked for details on the repair. I cannot imagine the tip section being repairable but am willing to listen what he has to say.

I thought he was out of business and did not ask for a new rod under warranty. I am waiting to hear back from him. If nothing can be done, I will probably keep the rod for spare sections in case I have a problem with my other TAFS.

Put a new tip on the rod, it will be more heavy action than original, but it will only cost $10 to $20 depending on how fancy a tip i.e SIC or Alconite or Titanium SIC or $4.00 for a hardaloy.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
csurp i can guarantee you there are plenty of people fishing brevard co with both of those rods, not many of the fl pomp guys on pierand surf...would try a dedicated east coast Fl board instead...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CPS 13' 3-6 - 50/50 split

Sweet spot is 4-5 oz. I believe you will be satisfied. It is my number 1 seller.

Tommy
Hey Tommy...Yesterday, I ordered one of your CPS 13 3-6 rods tied for spinning. Send it soon...the Pomps are starting to bite!!!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

Yeah I don't think he is having rods manufactured anymore but still had an assortment of pieces. I guess I lucked out when I broke the middle section since he still had those. I wonder if he would be willing to sell out his remaining stock and the rights to be able to have them manufactured again. They are a great rod and a lot of fun to cast.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I know the feeling. I have 2 with broken tips. I really liked the light weight of the rod as well as the ability to use it conventional or spinning. I have tried to contact the company many times but to no avail. I will try the email listed above and see what happens. But last fall I purchased 3 of Tommy's 13' 3-6oz in casting. All I can say is WOW. Great Rod.

Well, it finally happened. I broke the tip on one of my 13-ft Team Alabama Surf Rods. All good things must come to an end.:(

I am open to suggestions for a replacement. Would like to stick with a 13-Ft, three piece, spinning, with a 4-oz sweet spot, and a nice soft tip for bite detection.

I have sent an email to Tom at Torqued fishing regarding a replacement tip, but am not optimistic. Both phone numbers I have for him are out of service.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts