Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
PLEASE not that nasty chili recipe ! You know the one everyone loved ?

It Seems Herb has had Some Hijack lessons.., Any word on what the OP has to say ?

OP 's question was answered by post # 5 , i chipped in with possible Wheeleez concerns with post # 6 , OP said he appreciates it. OP checked back with post # 13 . I added as much info i can find by taking the time to search for helpful info and i believe i did . Do you want to add a Chili recipe that you approve of since the initial one was not up to your standards or is that it?

·
Registered
602 Posts
The grey wheeleez tires are worth the price. Mine are about 6 yrs old, no problems holding air and were an absolute game changer hauling my gear across the sand. Worth every penny ( and they are quite a few pennies btw). I bought the conversion kit from Rodrack.com. Easy-peasy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The grey wheeleez tires are worth the price. Mine are about 6 yrs old, no problems holding air and were an absolute game changer hauling my gear across the sand. Worth every penny ( and they are quite a few pennies btw). I bought the conversion kit from Rodrack.com. Easy-peasy.

Thanks for the feedback , i can't find a single person who says the Wheeleez are NOT worth it , everybody says a complete game changer . What size Wheeleez did you go with and do you have any idea the axle length that is required ?

Thank you

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just noticed something about your cart , did you move the axle up from where it was originally positioned and if so how is it ?
Yes, I did. I had a mount made so that the rear wheels would sit level with the front wheel. It is completely removeable so that I can replace the Wheeleez with the standard wheels when I want to go on the pier.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, I did. I had a mount made so that the rear wheels would sit level with the front wheel. It is completely removeable so that I can replace the Wheeleez with the standard wheels when I want to go on the pier.

Are the Wheeleez not that good on hard surfaces because i have about 100 yards of pavement to walk before i get to the sand , sounds like you prefer the regular wheels for the hard ground.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Are the Wheeleez not that good on hard surfaces because i have about 100 yards of pavement to walk before i get to the sand , sounds like you prefer the regular wheels for the hard ground.
The Wheeleez are fine for pavement. Just a personal preference of mine. I actually have a Jr cart I use mostly for the pier that has the regular wheels on it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If I ever have to buy a new set, I'm using the sand wheels for a jet ski cart.... bigger is better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK , my Wheeleez order came in , my God man these wheels are huge , i got the 16.5 inch wheels , first thing i noticed is how ridiculously lightweight they're compared to the regular pier cart tires . The axle is like 3 times thicker than the older axle also , should work well .

I was looking at the hub on the 16.5 inch wheels and 19 " inch wheels and if you ever wanted to switch to the bigger tires i believe it will work , the 19" tire retails for $114.00 without the hub , $167.00 a piece with the hub.

My cart would look beyond ridiculous with the 19" wheels , it looks crazy big with the 16.5 inch wheels .

Haven't tested it yet but looking forward to see if the hype is real .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to put this out there so someone else doesn't make the same mistake as me..

I ordered a Fish-N-Mate Sr without the tires/axle and then bought Wheeleez 16.5 inch tires and the axle kit (BCK-42). Don't buy the kit with the 36" axle or else your tires will rub the frame. You need to buy the kit with the 40" axle, BCK-42XL, the 40" axle.

FYI...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well it turns out what i feared turned out to be true . I bought a low pressure gauge and measured the PSI in both tires, ( Never used yet) they showed a 1.5 PSI reading . I inflated using a hand pump to 2.5 PSI last night and upon checking this morning only one Wheeleez holds that 2.5 air pressure the other one does not and goes right back down to 1.5 PSI .

·
Registered
84 Posts
This was a post from late 2018 on another forum :

Wheeleez had great wheels, tires carts. Current their Valves are no good. Replaced several they all leak. Lucky if they hold 2lbs. Purchase several new tires and valves. Not worth the hassle. Even bought their pump and low pressure gauge. What a bunch of crap. Talk about no quality control on a product. My next wheels are coming with a tube so I can patch or replace them. They used to make great stuff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wheeleez had great wheels, tires carts. Current their Valves are no good. Replaced several they all leak. Lucky if they hold 2lbs. Purchase several new tires and valves. Not worth the hassle. Even bought their pump and low pressure gauge. What a bunch of crap. Talk about no quality control on a product. My next wheels are coming with a tube so I can patch or replace them. They used to make great stuff.

After reading this, I'm glad i bought 2 extra sets of tires about 10 years ago. Still on my first set......12 years old now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We do the beach kayak shark fishing so you need a kart for all the gear. Everyone with the black tires are fine. I've heard of the orange and grey popping on the beach, the road and the pier. Especially with heavy loads.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a pair of Roleez grey tires years back for my Jr. cart, they are approx. 11.5'' tall, 6-8'' wide, I think
they were bought out or changed their name to Wheelez, they work well in the soft sand and are much tougher than I expected, don't over inflate them, I think it's 2-4 #of air, pricey though but have held up for over 15 yrs.
nice

21 - 40 of 42 Posts