Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rgking03 ... LOL

Was a cool place ... huge lobby with tall ceilings and grandios chandileers (sp?) ... bathrooms had the ceramic tubs with brass legs on them.

Too bad they didn't get it delcared an historic building ... lotta history to the place and the owner. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I remember it well, The Hotel Cape May, The Admiral, The Christian Admiral. It even had a bowling alley in it. Watched it go from a beautiful place to a broken down dump thanks to idiot politicians and bad city planners. Losing it and the Windsor (arson) were 2 huge mistakes. :(

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Yep

Grants, Two Guys, Bamberger's etc.

Better yet.......The Play Pen and The Penalty Box:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
689 Posts
gables and kellys

hey dogg,

the penalty box in ww great bands remember the 5 cent beers at Gables and kellys in margate?:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Can't say that I can

Didn't make it to those. I can remember lines going around the block in both directions waiting to get into the Shamrock Cafe.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
... and remember Washington St before they turned it into a "mall"? Gotta say that this was one change for the better :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Remember the Harbor Inn, how about the first waterslide in Wildwood, just before the bridge.
It was made of concrete and you had to use pads to prevent from getting ripped up.:popcorn:
Remember Gold nugget Mine ride on Hunt's pier
Hell remember Hunt's pier?:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... what was that little bar in Wildwood (north of the center of town) where they had a jukebox mostly Sinatra 45's ? Long rows of tables mostly, a bar to the left ... you could dance on the tables and nobody would "bounce" you :confused:

Ruddedogg ... you old enough to remember that one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
... what was that little bar in Wildwood (north of the center of town) where they had a jukebox mostly Sinatra 45's ? Long rows of tables mostly, a bar to the left ... you could dance on the tables and nobody would "bounce" you :confused:

Ruddedogg ... you old enough to remember that one :rolleyes:
the answer came to me during dinner last evening ... The Bolero was the name ... I think Frank even made an appearance or two there!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Yep

The Bolero is stil there. Rebuilt, really nice. Owned by a guy named Wally. He is one of the biggest sponsors of the Harlet Bike Week down here.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts