Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thread about the 24K Abu???? I was wondering if anyone had a pic of this reel as it has been removed from fleabay.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
if you want to... i could make you a 24k or even a rhodium plated abu. . . . . . . .
its not hard at all.. since alot of abu frames/sideplates are brass or brass alloy.. . . . .

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much $$$$$$$?

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Depending on which one you want, the CDL Abu's run up to can $500.00 or more. They are listed on the UK Abu site...

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
original post

I made the original post and that reel had gold side plates and all not like the one above .... I've seen the one above too ... but it was 24k from ABU side covers frame and all

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, the one I was looking for sold on fleabay for $3,760.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I was looking for on Google for about 15 minutes, and can't find it. Tried searching for a lot of different things. I remember seeing a pic of it. Wish I had saved it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's the one

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
im serious.. i can do it for you.
but i cant be positive on a price. yet.
plating an entire reel.. thats alot of surface area. more area = more $

price would definitely be understand that 3g mark.

but itd take me a while though, stripping chrome/paint/anodized stuff isnt exactly a one day deal.

would be really like if its possible to plate straight onto chrome.. save the time to strip. never tried it before.
ill try tomorrow though.. i recently cut off the top bars on a few abu CS frames.. they are chromed brass.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
lol i totally forgot about plating the chrome bars i have here today.
i was laughing all day about how gold hit 1000$ an ounce.
and still saw so many people buying gold. made me wonder if they had an idea whats going on in the markets at the moment.

i did examine the bars i had. looks like abu like to copper plate the brass before hard chroming it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.