Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting away with a couple of friends on the weekend of March 21. We want to do some surf fishing (hope it warms up). I mostly fish in Duck, NC in the summer - spot and croaker off bloodworms or squid. My friends are not experienced at all...anyone have ideas for bait or rigs that will prove successful in Rehobeth? These friends are looking to me as the "experienced" one!

·
Registered
712 Posts
that time of year you can only hope some stripers are around.best baits are bloodworms,clams,and mackeral.used on fish finer rigs and cast out in the wash.hope for some sunny days to warm the wash and fish in the afternoon.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
You fish in Duck, NC and only get spot and croaker? With that location you need to upgrade to bigger fish.

Kind of early for rehoboth. IRI is always a nice place to fish. Throw bucktails and plastics into the water and hope you get a big striper. Mark certainly knows what he is talking about with the fish finder rig too (that's a set up where your sinker is on a slider so it can slide up and down your line).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts