Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
In a word, "yes". Shimano has a number of reels across a wide price range. There is sure to be one (or more) that you will like. I have a bunch of 'em.

Other brands are equally good. But there is also some junk out there, so be careful.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The daiwa SL30SH is conventional.Daiwa also has an excellent selection of spinners i.e.EmblemX for surf. the R

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try the Baitrunner 4500. Very nice spinner with great drag control and okay line capacity.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
When I get my next conventional rod I will buy a Shimano Callcutta reel to go with it;though,it's a little pricey.But, well worth it :eek: :eek: :) I also have Baitrunners,and smaller spinners for lure fishing. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use Shimano 4500 and 6500 baitrunners. The 6500 affords me the ability to put a whole lot-o-line on the reel so I don't get spooled when fighting sharks off Delaware coast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I know nothing about surf fishing. I have like 5 years I havent gone fishing. But is something I like pretty much and I whas thinking about makin it a hobbie of mine. Thats why I ask about reels and stuff.By the way thank you for your replys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts