Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
CNW16HPTsB 8 350 yds. / 20 lb. 4.3:1 49 23 lbs. 24.7 oz

Based on the specs, it seems like it would be better suited as a trolling reel/boat reel, which is what it was designed for. For the price, you could get a better surf casting reel, like a Saltist 20H/30H and have some money left over. I'm not sure if this thing has brakes or not, but if it doesn't, it's bound to be wicked fast and uncontrollable out of the box.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just get a 525Mag or a 535 Penn. Or if you like the Diawa's the 20 series may work. A Lot of folks up your way seem to have gone to the Saltist Why I do not know. Are they better than a Penn? My opinion for what its worth Not.
Good luck in your quest and a Very Happy Christmas to you and yours.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
525 mag or abu garcia and you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Just get a 525Mag or a 535 Penn. Or if you like the Diawa's the 20 series may work. A Lot of folks up your way seem to have gone to the Saltist Why I do not know. Are they better than a Penn? My opinion for what its worth Not.
Good luck in your quest and a Very Happy Christmas to you and yours.
I have both a 525 Mag and the Saltist 30H. I like the Penn for pure distance. No doubt it is a casting machine, but the Daiwa is far smoother, has a MUCH smoother drag, the clicker is leagues above the 525, better line capacity, and the Daiwa just feels like a better made reel than the 525. They're both great reels, but the next one I buy will be another Saltish 30H. JMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.