Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Fin-Nor inshore reel. Its not actually a long-distance casting reel because I wanted it for fishing in bays and backwaters. Heres my question-- If I use it occasionally for surf but mostly in bays, what size and which brand rod do you think would be the best one to put on it? I will probably put 15 lb. test on it. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I meant is that I will fish from the surf in the bays and channels but asked how big of a rod (length wise) because of tight casting room (i.e. dunes, tall grass, etc.) Any info helps. Thanks :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Seafisher, I don't know how you fell about Pinnacle gear or eBay but here is a item that I think might be right up your alley.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3600689813&category=36168

It's for a 8'6" Pinnacle Shoreline spinning rod that the seller claims is good for up to 4ozs.

A friend of mine has two of the Pinnacle 11'6" rods that I have looked at and I was impressed. So much that I ordered one for myself that should be here midweek. The seller rates the 11'6" at 9ozs. My friend swears that he can cast 8nbait without any problems and that once I use mine I will give my Uglystiks away, yeah right.

Hope this helps and if you decide to order one let me know how it performs, as I may have to order one.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts