Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just recently the reel on my favorite/luckiest fishing rod broke. The reel I need is a Silstar FX-40 B (in red). I bought the rod along with the reel at Lynnhaven Pier about 7-8 years ago, and ever since last night I've been looking everywhere for the same reel - even called the pier today and they dont carry that model. Went to the Silstar website, but with my luck they're updating it and they're also out of Australia, so I'd have to pay pretty much double the cost of the reel probably just to get it shipped - and thats IF i can find it. I'd really appreciate it if any of you have one that is in good working condition and that you are willing to sell, or if you know of or can find a place where I can get this model reel. Thanks, and tight lines to all.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a 60 that I no longer use. It is a smooth reel with 4 to 1 gear ratio. It might be a bit too large for your rod. A while back, I had the bail trip go bad on it and Silstar had good service. Maybe you can ship your's back to get it fixed?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an idea, though I've already tried that, and since the people that run the site are soo incredibly smart, they decided to not have any links to any email address for customer info...go figure. Your reel might fit my rod...i have a 5'6 medium action CRX rod. But im gonna see if i can try and find this reel first. Thanks again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kenmefish...

I ended up finding that on my own about 2 days ago, the only thing is that that is an FX-40 not an FX-40 B, but I still might get it anyway. Last night I looked everywhere for contact information for the Silstar Corp of America and found nothing, luckily I did get an address by looking for warranty info, so I'm going to try that, and I also requested a tackle shop out of NJ to special order it. So hopefully I'll find it!:) Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.