Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my 10's does a stall job when reel and casting on one end I'cleaned and lubed it twice still happens what part is broken ? I also have a 930 that I've done the same cleaning job to and its all bound up what part could that be? I can't see replaceing them if the parts are 20 30 bucks the reels would cost me 100derts:beer:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Not sure exactly what reels you're talking about, but if you post up a bit more detail it could help us answer the question.

Evan

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
First thing I would check is the plastic levelwind gear. It's made from plastic so that the teeth will break before any other parts of your reel are damaged by a hard fighting fish. This MAY be the cause. I'll make you the same offer I do others on here: Pay shipping to and from and I'll check them for you. If I have the parts, I'll replace whatever is needed free. If not, I'll call you to let you know the part cost and you can go from there with it. It's a hobby for me, not a money-making thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take sportsracer up on his offer. Penn stopped supporting those reels a long time ago. It is hard enough to get parts on current models, let alone reels discontinued years ago. Additionally, there are three different versions of the 910, 920, 930, and 940 reels and most of the frame and internal parts are not interchangable within the various models. Additionally, they were just junk. A very poor attempt to compete with Ambassadeur.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts