Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fish that same reel and trust PMR and their upgrades. Haven't tried the rods mentioned above...but I am very satisfied with the Carolina Cast Pro Series 13' 3-6 oz rod...throws good and far and is very sensitive on bite detection. A great buy in my opinion, love that rod.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the PMR upgrades are good just wondering if there is anything else that can be done or is the reel just that good out of the box. Can the bearings be changed to something better? I saw the video from JP on the QTC side plate and mono mag, is the mono mag good for fishing or more for the field?

·
Registered
541 Posts
For me I would leave the reel as is and do nothing to the ST other than ensure the bearing are nice and clean . The QTC side plat is more for a field application than for fishing for me.

Here is a video from yesterday using the ST with the 150 gram leads casting with a mate and as I mentioned no changes to the reel are required.

Regards

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I ordered the PMR parts just waiting for them to come in. Jeremy i have to say i have been a big fan for a while now i am even a subscriber to your youtube channel. I have to say i think you have one of the best cast i have ever seen, i have even tried to copy it myself. Do you think you will come to the states New Jersey in particular to put on a seminar? I was there a few years ago when Peter Thain was here. Would be nice to get some hands on instruction for you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I will possibly be visiting the states again in 2017 as my oldest brother lives in Texas and the good lady likes to visit various states when we come over . I was there in may of last year but sadly only for 3 weeks. Next time I come over it will hopefuly be for 6 or more weeks :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also could you do a instructional video with your casting style a full break down with a tracer on the lead full pendulum cast and off the ground cast.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I will see what I can do in regards to the video for both OTG as well as the different pendulum cast ( High and Low ) but this may take a little while as my new job is taking me interstate on a regular basis limiting free time somewhat.
If I can get over to the States I will try and make a stay in NJ but my good lady will need to confirm that when the time comes :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem Jeremy ty. If you do make it to NJ my wife and i will try to make your visit very comfortable and she will be able to get you a hotel very cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts