Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Korea for a year and was wondering if there is any special care I should give my reels before packing them up for the year? They were all well lubed and cleaned over the winter and will be throughly rinsed after my trip opening day. I have invested a pretty penny and want them to be in good working order when I return.

I was thinking of taking all the reel off the poles and wrap them in rags to keep the dust out, any better ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would take them off the rods & give them a light spray with 3in1 oil & then wrap them up & stick them someplace safe & dry ...
also back off the drags
derf

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Pack up for a year! :eek:

I used to fish in korea when I was a little kid. Country is surrounded by the ocean, all three sides, you can always find places to fish...

:)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Just make sure that they are not wrapped in a plastic bag or any other material that cannot breathe.

I would clean them and spray them with a light coat of WD-40. Then wrap them in a cotton, lint-free cloth and put them away in a box. Store the box at room temperature.

Make sure to remove all line and spray the spool too. :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jangwuah, dont say that to loud. I planned on using that excuse to buy another set up or 2. I thought I remembered hearing that there were some good rod makers in Korea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts