Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

I'll be visiting the Reedville area next week, and I could use some suggestions on where to fish and what to fish for. I'm from MD, so I'm not at all familiar with the area. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
you gonna be fishing from the bank or the boat , spots out the ears croakers maybe some speck trout or blues there by now flounder [ BLOODWORMZ ] is a must :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strictly from the banks. Any locations in particular that are open & easily accessible?

I'll bring the full tackle box & pick up some bait, so I'll be ready for whatever's out there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
moose,
No clue about shore spots in that area. Will do some checking around for you though. I fish that area a lot, out of Locklies Marina in Topping. I know you can get good deals on full day charters for bottom fishing out of there. $325 for a whole day of bottom fishing you bring bait and tackle. Will check on shore spots and possibility of boat rentals for you
Tight lines and popped riggers

·
Registered
120 Posts
I fish the area a lot by boat... some areas I have seen that look promising for shore fishing are:
Public Access:
-Mill Creek boat ramp (something was terrorizing the minnows there a couple weeks ago chasing them out of the water)
-Fleeton boat ramp (saw fish hitting topwater in the creek channel last summer)
Access Unknown:
-Smith Point jetty
-Boat dock upstream of the Whitestone Bridge on the Whitestone side of the river

If you can get any kind of hand carry boat like a canoe the creeks like Wicomico and Little Wicomico often have croaker. There seem to be some white perch around this year. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info and for checking into rentals, I really appreciate it. Just getting a line in the water will be enjoyable; opportunities have been rare this year.

Tight lines.

·
Registered
186 Posts
moose,
Looks like keezy got the jump on me, on the post and the knowledge. The ramp and dock right above the bridge are good as keezy mentioned. Also have been told Mill Creek has decent facilities but never been there. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.
Tight lines and popped riggers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts