Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about that time of year. Has anyone heard of big reds at Sandbridge or Kitty Hawk yet?

·
Registered
23 Posts
SORRY SAND FLEA BUT KITTY HAWK IS GONE.
NO DRUM REPORTS FROM SANDBRIDGE YET. I
THINK IT SUSTAINED SOME STORM DAMAGE AS
WELL.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I don't know if anyone's been out to do much fishing so far.

The storm will probably leave us all fishing the beaches instead of the piers, but it's about time for the reds to roll in.

Think I'm taking all next week off :cool:

Heaver usually has his ear to the ground out there. You hear anything?

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phil, have you (or anyone else) heard any news of Sandbridge and the refuge being reopened?

·
Registered
389 Posts
The only way into Sandbridge is if you show proof of residence and you had to go thru Dam Neck base to get there. Oh and you have to have 4x4 because the sand is 4' deep on the roads in places and soft. Last report I got was about 2days ago.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It look like we will be feeling the effects of Isabel for a long time I was suppose to go to VA beach during the Columbus day weekend, it looks like I will have to wait until next year.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't cancel. I'm sure things will be pretty much back to normal by then.

I'm still taking next week off to go down. This is heading into prime time, even if you drummers are being tight-lipped! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
SAND FLEA
I TALKED TO A FELLA WHO FISHED SANDBRIDGE ON THE LAST NE BLOW PRIOR TO THE HURRICANE. NO BITES. ANYONE EVER TRY THEM FROM THE BEACH THERE WITH ANY LUCK?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts