Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Red gate golf course closed last year, it temporarily became a park few months ago. I've tried fishing few time there with no success.

anybody else fished here before? or planning to ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
1Rod definitely plays it up for his teen and preteen audience. All that shouting belies a shrewd business model.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope. its not that golf course. 1rod's golf course is 20 miles from montgomery county and it's private golf course so i wouldn't go there and fish. He's def. trespassing and some a-hole personnel call cops or something then.......... let me know anybody who fish redgate and caught some fish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't like the way he screams all the time, either. Sits and catches fish and shouts, caught also shouting, waiting for the yells this 
, screams catches..and he screams like he's never seen a fish before

·
Registered
319 Posts
dominopizza, the one he usually pond fishes is over near 97 and that one is private, but he claims the one in the video is a closed golf course. I don't recall him saying what county it was in.

I agree with mathman. He definitely plays it up for his preteen/teenage audience. The successful fishermen on YT have to do it to make money. Ad revenue off subscribers and sales through their sponsors (usually MTB/CatchCo) constitute their living. He's as old as I am and after three kids I definitely don't have the energy for that excitement on EVERY fish (unless of course someone dangled money in my face).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thaweatherman , it is a closed golf course and i know the exact golf course. It's private still, so i wouldn't trespass private property like 1rod does. redgate golf course is owned and turned into public park so it's safe to fish there if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ah I understand now. I need to get better at golf course familiarity. There aren't enough landmarks in the background on this one for me to find it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts