Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Diamond Shoals last night for dinner and they had Red Drum on the menu.
I thought they stopped commerical fishing for them?

·
Registered
488 Posts
As someone pointed out to me when a similar issue was brought up. It was banned in federal waters but not state waters! the striped bass.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
I was in Diamond Shoals last night for dinner and they had Red Drum on the menu.
I thought they stopped commerical fishing for them?
They can be kept as a bycatch.. Not sure how many,I think 5 in the slot... They must have a certian percentage,I think 75% (don't quote me on that) has to be other keepable sellable fish....

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've seen red drum in fish markets in the last few weeks. Philips Seafood in Swansboro usually has a couple of nice ones on the ice. All their fish are local and I'm sure it's legal...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Commercial Catch...

It's either 5 or 7 in the slot that they are allowed. Redfish usually are bicatch on trout or flounder nets. With the ability to keep only 5 or 7, you aren't going to see commecial guys target them, unless they are working illegally.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diamond Shoals in Buxton.. One right across from the pier in Avon (pink building) with good breakfast as well....
went to DS.
corned beef hash, two eggs over easy, hash browns, and biscuit.
hot coffee
now that was good

:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts