Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like that one in TX is going to break the record. Now tell me that fish doesn't get your heart pumping!:)

Record Catfish

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
my dad and i were fishing on apache pier last fall and the flounder were biting pretty good, but so were the biggest toadfish you ever saw, i swear several of them had to be around 3-5 lbs, they were so big it almos took the net to get them up. ugliest things i ever seen.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings bluerunner!

We've caught some big ones in Delaware Bay. When they are spawning they have a lot more orange, and the first mate referred to them as "cinnamon buns". But the day I hook a 112 lb toadie is the day I cut my line, gather up my gear, and get the hell out of the area. Toadies are omnivores, and will eat anything they can get into those cavernous mouths. Since half their body weight is that head, a 100 lber just might get the notion to swallow me!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Manayunk Jake, yeah but toadies are real tasty. I'm sure a big cat would provide lots of meals but I'll take a toad over a cat any day. BTW iaint talking about Oyster toads.
;)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Cdog!

Can't think of anything nicknamed "toad" that might taste good! Sure your not confusing your toads with "mountain oysters"?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yeah puffer toads are supposed to be good, but not these big ole oyster toads

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Man that is a monster cat, maybe I'll try my luck in the James River sometime this winter. As far as blow toads goes,blowfish or puffers as they are called in MD, they are pretty tasty but the oyster toads I wouldn't even consider keeping, just foul looking creatures.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Manayunk Jake said:
Greetings Cdog!

Can't think of anything nicknamed "toad" that might taste good! Sure your not confusing your toads with "mountain oysters"?
Puffers are called toadies in NC which is th only place I caught em. Weird looking but real tasty. I'm not sure I wanna know about th "mountain oysters". :eek:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Cdog!

"Mountain Oysters" are a pair of delicate cutlets harvested from male goats. Male sheep and male pigs also have the same delicasies, but not the same burst of flavor!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Man if i reeled that thing in, there would be no way in hell i'm going into the lake to drag that beast onto the bank. It might think my leg's a snack.
:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Luck! Drum Runner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts