Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined P & S, I have usually fished on Hatteras but I live in Va Beach. I've been to the CBBT this past weekend. I am looking to catch some Striper. Can anyone recommend where and the best time to go chase the Stripers. Any recommendation on bait/lures would be appreciated. I've been fishing with a bucktail and artificial squid at the CBBT. Thanks for any input!!

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
thassler,

Posts past, present, and future shall help. This time of year, I'd recommend you keep rod and waders in the truck. If possible, keep an eye to the sky looking for birds working from Willoughby Jetty to Sandbridge. Like OBX ya might just find yourself in a surf rockfish blitz.

Essential lures include Stingsilver ( 3/4 to 1-5/8 oz plain metal my pref), Gotcha plugs, Storm wildeye plastics/surface plugs (bunker, firetiger, and shad), Rattle Trap (blue & chrome), and red-white or mullet colored MirrOlures & Wind Cheaters. Don't forget bait/live bait especially when no working schools and/or things is slow.

Saw your Seagull (CBBT) pier report - thanks for the post as info exchange posts (good, bad, or indifferent) are essential to the P&S board :cool:

Go fish,

`bucket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts