Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some Rockfish for the holidays. Does anyone know of a Charter Boat that they would recommend? I am a football/basketball/lacrosse ref and have not been able to go fishing. This is my chance to feel the tug on the rod.

You know the feeling when you have a garrage full of equipment but all you can do is look at it and admire the pictures on the forum of people catching fish. May day May day Fisherman in distress

Happy Holidays and Thank you in advance

·
Registered
964 Posts
Call the Rod and Reel Resteraunt in Chesapeake Beach, MD. Request the "Kingfish" - Capt. Jimmy King. Tell him Will from his work recommended him and he will likely cut you a deal on the pricing. He does 1/2 day and full day but I've never had a problem hitting the limit on a 1/2 day trip.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
triples on Ches Beach.

Went out of there 2 years ago. Forget the boat name right now.

SPent an hour catching spot then live lining them. 6 on the boat limited out on rock in a little over an hour. Was fun. Then we went back to the spot hole and let the kid in our party land about 100 spot for the bait tank. That was exciting.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Like I said before , Capt. Greg

This from yesterdy : Upon returning from my yearly 3 day hunting trip with my father in West Virginia, I went back to work on Friday 11/28. My first day back was very easy, my party told me before we left the dock: "the quicker we load the boat the better." I believe the visiting family members and their host had wives back at home with plans fo later that day. Needless to say we were limited out on over 28" Trophies by 8:00 and we were tied up to the dock just before 9:30. Eight nice trophies landed in about one hour of trolling and the entire crew was home early to appease all the ladies at home. Not bad at all!!!

Saturday 11/29 was also a good bite with a slightly slower start. We had 4 nice fish in the box after our first 2 passes across the Bay. Then the attack of the boats began. It was ugly, boats were here there and everywhere. It made maintining an East to West and West to East trolling pattern nearly impossible. So I worked away from the boats and once we we all alone the action started up again and we were catching the Trophies pretty good. We left one slot open for BUBBA and caught and released until the crew had consumed nearly all the beer. By noon and we began cranking our lines in and heading for home. It was a good day with 22 bites and 19 Trophies landed.

Sunday 11/30 was a wet and rainy day but the fish still bit fairly well. We had a small crew of 4 and they ended up landing 4 Trophies each by 10 AM and with tired arms and wet asses they called it a day early.

Monday 12/1....... December opens with a bang!!!! The first three hours of our day went very well with steady pullage and lots of nice fish. Nothing crazy with mostly single bites and two doubles but totaling 21 Trophies by 11AM. I consider this a great start any time of the year, but it was only to get better. Around 11AM the bite took off. We had 5 rods down at once with only 4 anglers on the boat. We left a rod bent over in the holder waiting for one of our anglers to finish up with a fish he had been cranking on. Then like clockwork for the next 15 minutes, as soon as a fish was landed another reel would screem. In the span of about 20 minutes with the boat trolling in a straight our crew landed 10 very nice "overs" and one fat "under" just under 28 inches. We started that pass across the Bay with 7 lines attached to each planar board. Once things quieted down, there were only 3 planar board lines still in the water on one side and 2 planar board lines still in the water on the other side. For a grand total of 9 Trophies landed via planar lines in 20 minutes time, what a sight!!! Of course the fish we put in the box earlier in the AM were smaller than the nicer trophies we landed in our little frenzy. But that was just fine, we snapped a few pics and carefully released 5 Trophies over 40 inches. Hopefully they will survive a few more Springs to make lots of baby Stripers.

Planar board lines and my long, light lines are getting it done. Color does not seem to matter as long as the baits are up higher in the water column. The fishing we have right now on the Bay is really special. I am enjoying this fantistic bite every day and I look forward to doing it again tomorrow.

As for dates available aboard the MISS SUSIE, I still have December 20, 22, 23 available for charter departing from either Solomons or Point Lookout (wherever the fish are the thickest).

If you are interested in an earlier December date, my other boat FIN FINDER with Capt. Andrew Turner has a fair amount of good dates still available. If you are interested in a walk on or if you have a crew, just contact me at the below number. The FIN FINDER is a 46ft fishing machine with a very good Capt. who will put you on lots of fish.

Enjoy the pics from today (12/01/08)...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts