Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of these are built on WRI Blanks. The cobra skin inlay is on a Seven Dust, and Purple Nurple is on a Nitro.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
great as usual Walt.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies!! A couple friends called me to ask if the snake skin was a decal, NO!! it's real cobra skin, and I learned a lot doing the skin inlays for the first time. Both of these rods will be given away at the WRI Tourny

Loading up tonight, headed south in the morning; hope to see some of you in the winners circle Sunday morning!!:D

·
Banned
328 Posts
Walt, beautiful work and that's exactly what I mean about curtailing your creativity. You know I have a penchant for the purple but I LOVE the cobra skin. Just go for it and make them your best effort ever. Given the option I'd like 4 different (but similar) rods. 7'6"ers one style but not necessarily the same color; the 7'ers snake skin but colors to match the longer ones, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Am looking for 2500/3000 size reels and will be using braid on them if that makes a difference. Oh yeah, please send along a few extra hook/rig holders. They really work!
Any recommendations on the reels? Love the Stradics but was wondering if there was something else I should be considering. Gear changes often and prices are all over the place. Wrote to Greg earlier today, maybe you can give him you thoughts next week.

Anyhow, deposit is on the way. Now go catch a fish or two! Jackman1950

·
Registered
282 Posts
Those look sweet! I like the snakeskin never seen anybody put that on a rod. The guide as well looks good. Like the colors a bunch on the pattern

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Guys!

Ryan, sorry you weren't at the tourny this weekend, but I did meet and talk with one of your fishing buddys; and for the life of me I can't remember his name, really nice young man (too much cold medicine?)

Mark, great to see you and fish next to you for a while, sorry neither of us scored one; that was a great spot, I thought for sure we'd get a shot at one.

Walt

·
Registered
559 Posts
Even though fishing was slow, It had to make you day to see the smile on the faces of the lucky ones that received those bad arse heavers...?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts