Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Pleasure House Rd and our rights

Gentelmen and Ladies, I really think it is time for us, and everyone else involved, to take a strong vocal and written stand in regard to the rights of the fishing and general public to beach and waterway access. We can groan, gripe and grump all we want on this board; unless, we get the message to our state and cities leaders and make a LOUD noise, we WILL NOT accomplish anything. The commercial fishermen, crabbers, contractors, developers, etc. all have lobbies and money behind them. We have an advantage over them. They can't make loud noise because it would bring their "dirty dealing" with our political leaders [what a joke ] out in the open. I say, lets get together and make loud noise, write letters to our local and state leaders with copies to the news media and get VOCAL with everyone that will listen. Lets stop being door mats and start standing up for what we want. It isn't humerous anymore.

Bill [AKA Advisor]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not to be an idiot but does anyone know where to start?
I would write to anyone and everyone if i knew where and to whom to send it.. I want to help save the bay and stop the menhaden fisheries, but i really have no clue where to start.. if anyone has addresses post it, any info to lead us would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not to be an idiot but does anyone know where to start?I would write to anyone and everyone if i knew where and to whom to send it..
The link below provides a complete list of the elected officials, AND THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION, that the citizens of Virginia Beach vote into office - Federal: President/Vice-President, U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives; State: Governor/Lt. Governor, Attorney General, VA Senate, VA House of Delegates; City: Mayor, ALL Council Members/School Board Members, and all elected constitutional officers. FAX'em, CALL'em, WRITE'em.

Other local city web sites probably have similar information available for them.

http://www.vbgov.com/dept/voter/elections/electoff.asp

GOOD LUCK! :)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Brian S. Solis, Planner
Department of Parks and Recreation
Design & Development Division
City of Virginia Beach, VA
Phone: 757 563 1100
Fax: 757 563 1130
E-Mail: [email protected]
I have found that Mr.Solis has been extremely helpful regarding this matter.
So flood Mr.Solis' Email with your concerns.

Going to the Parking Lot in question @ pleasure house road,there is a neighborhood petition that can be signed.I will convey w/ one of the neighbors if they can put a petition,on-line.

If you Read Brandon's last post :http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6729
This stretch of the BAy is a great shore fishery,let's not let this chance to make a difference get away!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YAAAAHHOOOO!!!
Somebody out there thinks the way I do. Cdog, Nserch4Drum,
HawgHvnVa, eaglesfanguy ... thanks for your help.
I'm going to write tonight with a general letter about support for Pier and Surf fishermen and the plight in which we are finding ourselves. I'll also write to the Va Beach Politicos and let them know what I think about Pleasure house and other fishing sites. Don't just wait for me ... do some writing yourselves and don't forget to send copies to the News media and other P&S'ers. Thats how you make noise!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts