Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchaced a Letago from New Zealand and a Breakaway Cannon. Both are casting devices for surf spinning. The Letago fits on the right side of the rod above spool and is actuated with the right thumb. The Cannon fits under the rod above the spool and is actuated with the index finger. Both work flawlessly! Pain from casting heavey weights are a thing of the past. Makes me want to use my spinning gear again. Have more details for anyone interested.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome to the board...

I have heard good things about the cannon. thinking about getting one myself...

todd

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I may have to get one of those cannons as well. Do they have them at BPS?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had to search for three days for info on the net. BPS does not carry any casting aids. For the Letago go to Tackletactics,co.nz.For the Cannon go to Breakawayusa or call 361-949-8083. The cannon is well made from stainless and glass reinforced nylon. Price: $19.99. Two different ways of skinning the cat, both equally effective.

·
Registered
797 Posts
another great site that carries...

a-man; this is another site that carries the Cannon. search under tackle.

http://hatterasjack.com/

·
Registered
681 Posts
Warriors don't need no stinkin canon. :eek: I'm sorry
I've seen them at the Sports Authority.

·
Registered
797 Posts
olive branch...

aero, there you go stirring it up after i offered the olive branch. these guys might to to obx with us next month. now i got to sleep with one eye open while i am down there with them. and you know hat80 don't play.

sir backcaster

·
Registered
681 Posts
I said sorry, I would love to have them there. I want to become more involved with lures and I think one or most are knowledgable in that department.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey olive branch...

Have you guys decided on a date in Feb.?:) pelican man. Hey Longcaster, Do you want to go to Hatteras, or are you still taking classes?:(

·
Registered
797 Posts
genius..

led's a genius. there seems to be no obstacle he can't overcome!

pelican. no date in feb. picked yet. i think anthony and possibly jason are considering making the trip too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a Cannon at the BPS in Charlotte , was $19.95. RDT in Buxton sells em for $27.95

1 - 17 of 17 Posts