Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Friday night thru Saturday morning (12/20) ~ mile north of Ramp 27 w/Nserch4Drum. Al & I caught some 30+ spiny dogfish and 1/2 dozen skates working 2 bait rods each over 10 hours.

Even caught a skate and dogfish on eels :rolleyes:

Afterwards stopped by Frank's paying for previous nights bunker and scored some more tackle. Reports were slim from OI to the Point. Sea creatures, grass, or nothin' take your pick :mad:

Checked the Point out NADA. Then ran beach from 38 to 30 and from 23 into Rodanthe no beach activity. Fished OI north beach for an hour to no avail on way back.

Fished hard and then went home :D

Happy holidays and tight lines,

`bucket

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Yeap,Bucket it was slim to no "Pickins" on the stripers this weekend.. I did the just north of point to Hat inlet,nogo.. I wasn't as "gunho" as you were,using two rods,but still managed a good number of spinys.. :D Did see two caught right on the point yesterday,believe it or not there were only 3 trucks on the point most of the day.. False point had tons of birds Sat, if there were fish below them they had lockjaw..:D Sounds as though it was a "notta" kinda day both north and south down here,that's cool,they'll bite today,I'll be at the 4letter word.. That's cool though,next weekend's coming,and there's still time to catch a few..:cool:
PS Do you believe that drummie this time of yr??? :eek:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Well Bucket Momma said there would be days like this . :( Your gonna just have to try your luck in the Gulf .:D Good Luck to ya when you go .:cool:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Sorry to hear of the "Skunkin". Maybe next time.

Although, some times you "Gotta' go to know".

Best of luck in '04.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I would not had any better company to freeze my hine parts off!:D

Thanx's 'bucket,I hope you enjoyed my comapny as I did yours.......Glad you stayed away from MR.Brown-woulda hated to be fishin 4 rods by myself.

Gonna brine them free-bee's and give em away as X'mas gifts----so if you get a gift from me,better put them fat backs in the Freezer!...

Bucket,you didn't get to bring anything edible home,but I am glad you picked up that sweet combo!Don't tell mamma!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Nsearch, I have your magic BBQ pan. It's nice and clean for now, but I may have to see if the magic will work for me on New Years. Anyway, I will hold on to it until we can get together again. Maybe a Striper trip when it's really cold.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Wilber,thanxs!

I think I have closed up my honey hole @ GView,till next year,but I have some plans next year.

May be paying you and the Mayor aka Grill Master a visit.

I am focusing on SB,that NC trip is too long for my marriage and child:D

NS4D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Anytime you are going to be in the Neighborhood, email me. You are always welcome in my neck of the woods man. Maybe I can set up bait or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts