Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to Saturday. Have a different zippy 14'6" that I think, I will cast the 135 grm. with. Will be using the 5500 this time. See you Sat.

·
Registered
797 Posts
tom, so size does matter. a 14'6" zipplex? i see tony went and started some stuff by experimenting with that pole at the n.e. regionals. but i know tony. tony is a friend of mine. and you are no tony.
of course your realize that we are no longer playing on a leveled playihg field and consequentally you have forfeited your (50')handicap.
is that hybrid one of your own creations? if not, what is the name of the model? i want one too.
pray for a righteous wind bro. i know i am.

·
Registered
577 Posts
K-tom,

Ovaltine - where did you hear about the stuff, it used to be made not less than 300yds from where I live. The smell of malted grains is enough to put you off the stuff. The factory became know as 'Novartis' and they are looking to redevelop the site for housing - shame.

Sorry for going off the topic - Led.

·
Registered
797 Posts
k-tom & led, ovaltine is for whimps. i talken bout muscle builng steroids and amphetamines.
:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drank enough of that nasty stuff in the fifties, to get my Capt. Midnight secret decoder ring, which I still have, in mint shape. Tried some last winter, and after 45 years it wasn't half bad. Past the muscles stage, and now have to rely on technique, and form. Learn something new about the cast everyday. Ah!to be 30 again, but would like to have the knowledge that years have given me, plus the strength of youth.
Until Saturday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.